Quality and Environment
MSC Terminal Valencia must provide port and logistics services with a level of quality and respect for the environment that makes them sustainable and appropriate to the needs of its customers.
To do this, it establishes a quality and environmental policy consistent with its field of competence, which guarantees customer satisfaction through the use of appropriate, reliable, effective and sustainable processes, and the application of continuous improvements throughout the organization, with the goal of achieving operational excellence.
MSC Terminal Valencia has the Certification of the Environmental Management System in accordance with the UNE EN ISO 14001: 2004 standard, and is a User of the Valencia Port Guarantee Mark.
MSC Terminal Valencia SA, aware of the environmental impact of its container loading and unloading activities and its complementary activities, has opted for the implementation of an Environmental Management System in order to integrate environmental protection into the development of its general management.
For this reason, MSC Terminal Valencia SA is committed to:
- Operate within the framework of the legislation applicable to its functions and comply with other requirements that come from voluntary agreements.
- Prevent, control and minimize the environmental impact of its direct and indirect activities through the application of organizational and technological measures that are adequate and feasible, within the framework of its competence.
- Know and satisfy the requirements and expectations of stakeholders, to ensure the sustainability of the services provided.
- Assign human, technological and financial resources to achieve the established environmental objectives and goals.
- Provide adequate training and awareness-raising for staff that favors the development of this policy.
- Systematically and periodically analyze and evaluate the activities, products and services of the company that may interact with the environment.
- Rationalize the consumption of natural resources and energy.
- Prevent and minimize emissions, discharges, waste, noise and pollution of natural resources generated as a result of its activity.
- To sensitize, on environmental issues, the companies that provide their services in the Terminal.
- Promote that good practices in environmental matters are transferred to the business and labor levels of all direct or indirect activities.
- Comply with the requirements of the agreement of good environmental practices signed with the Port Authority of Valencia.
Likewise, MSC Terminal Valencia SA undertakes to annually review the environmental actions, objectives and goals established to ensure that they are adequate.
This policy will be made public, explained and assumed by all the members of MSC Terminal Valencia, SA and updated, through a process of continuous improvement.